You can’t really complain unless you are doing something to bring about the change.
I submit that Bernie Sanders is a key first step to facilitate this change.
As a health educator with emphasis on the environment, prevention and wellness, I can see that a fresh perspective and approach is needed. Like it or not, making change for human health and the environment is going to involve voting and government. I know what you’re thinking “Yuck” and I don’t blame you. But to turn a yacht 180 degrees is going to take someone who knows the ins and outs of turning yachts.
While you and I can volunteer, donate, consciously eat, breathe, drive and live, which does help, it is not enough by itself.
The current problems are a big, wiry, entangled, complicated mess and it’s going to take legislation, regulation and leaders with vision to at least start things in the right direction.
I couldn’t believe it when I found out the #1 cause for bankruptcy in America is medical debt(Sultz&Young,2018, 9th ed.). What about single parents with no insurance? This is why something like their child’s ear infection can and does equate to bankruptcy.
Not only do the birds choose him, (see this video): Bernie’s bird but his policies are spot on also. Bernie can see clearly and is not in denial.
Bernie’s policies would shape and change a few key areas:
1) Healthcare for all, using a single payer system, similar (or rolled in with) Medicare.
2) Fair living wage. Sanders would place the minimum wage at $15 per hour.
3) Getting special interests and big money (lobbyists) out of government.
4) Big corporations will be forced to pay fair taxes instead of hiding off-shore, moving to other countries, and other ways of dodging taxes.
5) Climate change. Sanders will address climate change, and the USA will be the world leader in this effort.
6) Make the wealthiest 1% pay fair taxes instead of pillaging the middle class to further enrich themselves.
7) These will improve the quality of life for many reducing stress, mental illness, crime and poverty.
Vote (both at the ballot and with your daily spending of money). Donate. Donate to Bernie Volunteer. Live consciously. Be willing to take steps in bringing the change you want to see.